La Jolla Surf Camp Summer 2018 (Ages 5-8)
La Jolla Surf Camp is San Diego's number one surf camp for children! Since 1999 La Jolla Surf Camp has been teaching boys and girls how to surf in a safe and fun environment. The surf camp is all about fun activities, ocean and beach awareness and of course surfing. Our camp surf instructors are all C.P.R. and First-Aid trained and ready to teach your child the basics of surfing and enjoying the ocean.
The instructor/student ratio is 1 to 4 max. La Jolla Surf Camp is open for boys and girls ages 5 to 8 years old. All campers must know how to swim!
The La Jolla Surf Camp for kids ages 5 to 8 years old focuses on building inner self-confidence and learning about the beach environment and surfing skills. The surf camp takes place at La Jolla Shores, a sandy bottom beach protected from the summer south swells by the peninsula at La Jolla Cove. This prime San Diego location is the perfect place to learn. We provide your child with a colored La Jolla Surf Camp rashguard and a soft surfboard so that learning is easy.
Whether your child is a beginner or has some surfing experience, the small groups allow our surf instructors to provide your child with the proper coaching. For peace of mind, please note that Surf Diva Surf School is our parent company. Surf Diva is one of the biggest and most respected surf schools in the world, this is your guarantee that your child will learn the right way with the best coaches.
Our expert instructors are all great surfers with knowledge of the ocean. Every instructor at American Surf Academy is CPR and First Aid certified. The instructor to student ratio is 1:4 maximum. All students must know how to swim. We offer a morning camp, an afternoon camp and a full day camp. During our peak season, starting the week after July 4th, we also offer a mid-morning camp.
For all surf camps we also offer surf photo packages. Pick up a surfboard shaped USB stick at the end of the camp week with action shots, portraits and group photos ready to print or shared of Facebook or Instagram! Please register for a photo package during your online sign up, call us or sign up on your first day of camp!
Rate: $360 (plus 10% City of San Diego surcharge)
- Every camp needs a minimum of 3 students in order to run.
- All rates include the surfboard rental.
- Wetsuit rental is not included in the rates. Wetsuit rentals available for $5 per day/student (+10% City of San Diego surcharge).
- We are happy to welcome campers, who can only take part 1, 2, 3 or 4 days - Please ask our office for help.
- Online registration closes on Saturday before camp starts, please call 858.454.8273 to sign up past this deadline.
- Cancellations or changes need to be made one week prior to the start day of camp. Any changes made up to 24 hours prior to the start of camp will receive a credit for Surf Diva lessons or camp, but no refunds, and will include a $25 reprocessing fee. There will be no credits or refunds offered for any changes within 24 hours or any no shows.
For your convenience we offer online registration for all camp weeks. If you would like to speak to our Office Team or if you would like to sign-up for less than the full week, please give us a call and we are glad to answer your questions or sign you up over the phone!
The ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL THE SATURDAY BEFORE CAMP STARTS ON MONDAY. If you miss this deadline, please call us at 858.454.8273 to check for availability.